My primary research interest lies at the intersecting domain of strategic management, entrepreneurship and innovation. Taking an inter-disciplinary approach to understanding everyday problems around us, my research papers have been accepted at leading peer reviewed conferences of Macromarketing, Organizational Studies in addition to my own discipline of Strategy. For my doctoral dissertation, I tried to understand the scaling-up phenemenon of three social enterprises spread across geographies, industry and enterprise stages of scaling.
My present research interest includes Design Thinking and understanding competitive behaviors of online platform business models. I am also part of an international research project funded by the Japanese Ministry of Education (Kaken Grant) which focuses on understanding Inclusive Business Models of India and Africa. I have also worked on a national level research project on understanding innovations in Indian MSMEs from an ecosystem perspective funded by an International Development Agency.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Innovation & Design Thinking
- Institutional Theory
- ‘From pipelines to platforms – Indian perspective to an Emerging Organizational Field’, Roy P S & Mukherji M – presented at the India Special Conference of Strategic Management Society organized at ISB, Hyderabad during December 15-18, 2018
- 'From Design Thinking to Design Doing', Roy P S & Mate S - presented at the 8th PRME Asia Conference organized at SP Jain Institue of Management Research, Mumbai during Dec 7-8, 2018
- ‘Wings to Fly but to where? Menstrual hygiene, marketization and vulnerability among subaltern women in India’, Ray S, Goswami P & Roy P S at the 41st Macromarketing Conference organized at Trinity College, Dublin 13-15 July, 2016
- 'Social Enterprises as Hybrids – The scaling up dilemma’ by Roy P S at the 32nd European Group on Organization Studies (EGOS) conference organized at Naples, Italy during July 7-9, 2016
- ‘Social ideals and commercial mindsets – An epistemological relook at research in Social Entrepreneurship’ at the 2nd ACRN Doctoral Spring School & Symposium organized at Vienna University, Austria during April 23-25, 2012
- ‘Scaling up social innovation: An alternative conceptualization’ at the 3rd EMES International Research Conference on Social Innovation organized at Roskilde University, Denmark during July 4-7, 2011. Selected for Travel funding.
- ‘Scaling-up in Social Entrepreneurship – A Moral Imperative?’ at the 1st oikos Ph.D. Academy on Entrepreneurship organized by oikos at St. Gallen University, Switzerland during August 23-27, 2010. Selected for Travel funding.
2nd Position at the 1st Sitaram Rao Livelihoods Case Study Competition, a national level Case Competition jointly organized by India Livelihoods Summit & MDI, Gurgaon in 2009
Best Thesis Proposal Award in Strategy Track at the 3rd Doctoral Colloquium 2010 organized at IIM, Ahmedabad
Shortlisted among 15 Doctoral students globally for the 1st oikos Ph.D. Entrepreneurship Academy, jointly organized by oikos International and St. Gallen University, Switzerland also selected for participation scholarship in Switzerland and conducted during August 23-27, 2010